Thursday, November 17, 2005

does anyone else spend stupid amounts on magazines????

So at the moment i am at the dreaded point of being inbetween jobs much to my housemates bewilderment. I am one of those people who never seems to stay in a role for very long, i get itchy feet so to speak (in a none athletes foot way). I guess i dont see the point in staying somewhere that isnt me and well finance in some ways is so not me. Yet dispite my lack of money and inturn social life i always have time and pennies to buy a glossy crisp magazine. My friends know of my obsession for trashy gossip and do always read my hand me downs after ive finished, they pretend to be disgusted that i would waste my money on such minipulated rubbish yet they are too transfixed on seeing jade goodeys latest hair style!!!
This addiction started when i was a wee nipper buying smash hits and such like. It changed i remember when a sort of more adult mag came along 'just seventeen'. I at the time was 14 years but felt i was seventeen in my wisdom at least. I had to hide the prized possesion from my mothers eagle eye but would basically live my life by it. Now at 24 years thats ten years on i am now in a rut not only do i buy all the beautiful covers with models gracing the front but have also moved to reading the 60p type magazine that has handy household tips in it. I feel it is becoming a problem.
Last night my housemate knowing of this need to read all rubbish in a magazine form addiction i have gave me a new mag she had been given, one for females with seriously erotic fiction in it. Now there wasnt the usual best dressed in it, but it did give me some ideas as to how to make erotic food something i must admitt has passed me by all these years. So i say yey for this new mag and may it evolve me in a new line of magazines, hopefully not progressing to top shelf but enrich me in other areas that really i probabley need to work on more than how big waist measurement is. So i would like to thank my housemate for this and although it is not mills and boon(groan yes have stooped so low) i will embrace it and try to not buy any more trashy mags.

adieu

No comments: