Monday, November 14, 2005

why is life so annoyingly difficult at times

This blogg had to be set up as the title suggests above. I was unable to find the button to edit on my friends blogg so now have gone through the whole annoyance of setting this up which is so not as great as my friends and she will smuggly point that out to people when she feels fit to probabley after a few beers anyways i wanted really to share knowledge to the female masses as knowledge is power and i find my life really is so chaotic that noting it is the only way i myself keep up.

I found myself on saturday at a friends dinner party with my housemate and also two lads who we went to university with. The dinner was lovely as was the wine and company. As the night went on, the gin and bitter lemons surfaced and i decided that i needed some insight in to the male mind. It was related to a night that had happened previously in the week. I had gone back home to the north and been out for a few drinks with friends all nice. Went back to my mates house and met her housemate who was a real nice lad. Things led to me staying in his room which was a complete surprise. In the morning he attentively put the heating on and then threw the question 'can i take your number..' I was surprised but said of course he went on to add he would then get my email and would ring. I went back to sleep thinking all men arent that bad after all, However we are now 5 days in and no phonecall. So i posed the question to my male friends why?? As a single twentysomething girl i know all the boundaries and rules of one night stands, i know what to expect and as most of you will know what to not expect this was different this was not in the rules of one night stands it baffled me, made me unsteady!!! My male mates told me some life changing news on mens minds and i will share that with you. Apparantly when men take your number they know that psychologically this will make you think what a nice guy, they are redeemed in your eyes against every other idiot male who has done this and previously not called. They too are then safe in the knowledge that although they have no intention of calling they will not be around when you are angry/dismayed/bothered and therefore wont feel bad. Also that isnt the best bit the most amzing part is that usually they take your number in case they are desperate, (yes that was the word used) at another date, whether that be as the ex or girlfriend isnt avaliable they still have options. I was shocked utterly still am. So i felt i needed to enlighten you wonderful,beautiful women that yes men are just as bad as i have always presumed and at no point have they redeemed themselves in eyes. It is a sad fact though now i have this power i will continue to let you in on the highs and lows of my life with suitable advice from my fellas!!!!!

2 comments:

SpanAir said...

This has reminded me of the episode of 'Sex and the City' where someone tells Miranda that some guy hasn't called her because 'he's just not that into her', and she finds it life altering because it means there's nothing wrong with her, or even him, it's just a case of incompatibility, and that happens all the time.

x

K8 Wig said...

Ahem. I just tried to post a comment and it automatically went onto my blog instead - I can see this becoming a seriously time consuming distraction to my actual work. Here is the note I just wrote:

she's right about me being smug....

all you gots to do is click the 'blog this' icon at the top of the page! Good little story tho Wilks, we are now well on our way to Carrie-esque stardom and all the Milonos (or whatever the bloody hell them shoes are) that we can store in our shared moth-eaten cupboard in Brixton with the broken vac. Hurrah! However, not sure how much I will actually enjoy breaking in said new Milonos as the boots I bought off Islington market for 20 squid on Saturday are already hurting my feet too much and threatening to break at the seems - why o why do I insist on always buying market shoes! I'll put a tenner on them lasting two weeks. Anyone want to take that bet? Wigs xxxxx

but obviously I now have egg on my face as I didn't actually know what I was doing at all. Ah well. You live you learn.